Bone-weary today - new-parent-tired.
There is a fatigue that is an unfamiliar place. It heightens awareness, fever skin consciousness.
I have a deep empathy for Berlin, this place between worlds, but on days like this where I can't blend, the city rejects me. I am the gentrification. And I can see past the brave faces to the urban dystopian hellhole that is their socialist utopia.
On days like this I can see how close we are to the future. How close we are to:
- WeWork giving you a job, not just an office
- Airbnb telling you where to go, not just listing places
- Facebook making friends for you
- Soylent feeding you your prescribed nutrient blend
- Amazon sending you what you need
Did you think we were going to stop at Netflix telling you what to watch?
On days like this, I am not that naive. So I subscribed to LOT. There's hope in surrender.